Monday, May 29, 2006
the full bottles
the empty ones...
so, i enjoy drinking, and i feel that it's an important element to have at the dinner table.
All my close mates drink, so that we can laugh at each other at the pretext of laughing with each other.
Okay, okay, I do have close mates who don't too and i'll say to them that they're boring but it does not mean that they are any less important. We need them, to be our dedicated drivers. And they need us, to put excitement into their lives.
a quick google on "effects of alcohol" gives you the following, the physical state you'll be in, in the order from drink more -> drank too much
1. Happy, talkative, boastful
2. Staggering gait, slurred speech, nausea, vomitting
3. Hypothermia, hyperthermia, anesthesia
thus far, i've only reached stage 2. Prost!, to a good party & good talk!
Friday, May 26, 2006
As usual, the topic of "love" is a never ending discussion, even at the office; my colleague told me about an email she received.
The email is about the 5 essential questions that you should ask yourself before you consider purchasing/wearing that piece of rock.
Anyhow, i found them (the questions) thought provoking and incredibly honest... thought i'd share them with you. *drum roll*
- Do you both share the same goal in life?
- Do you feel "safe" to share all your thoughts with him/her?
- Is he/she a respectable person (in your eyes)?
- How does he/she treat other people?
- Do you intend to change this person after marriage?
No, i don't know if these questions are enough to validate that this guy/girl is marriage material. Good Luck.
i've been searching high and low for a good salt and pepper mill.
Good = one that grinds well for a long long time, which comes with a lifetime warranty on the grinder mechanism. (although if something does happen to it, i wonder if it would be easier to just a get a new one)
Also, one with a knob which I can twist with great ease, specifically the "water tap" design.
Voila! here they are now, the Mill couple who now resides next to Mr. Salad Spinner, the bachelour.
mr.pepper mill & mrs. salt mill
Brings out the flavour in your meals, grind them over your curry at the dinner table and your mateys will think you know what you are doing and subconsciously the curry you made seem to taste better than their mother's - it's all about perception, really, you get to ask your mates when they're over for a dinner partee "would you like some pepper?" just like that mr.oh-i'm-so-cool-waiter, friends will enjoy playing with it, make your buddies sneeze, grind salt over that bad snail and watch it bubble...
what are you waiting for?
Some tips on caring for your mills
- For freshness, use pepper a lot and it won't go stale. If you don't use a lot, only keep a small amount in your pepper mill, check it and replace it frequently. Store fresh peppercorns in an airtight container, away from direct sunlight.
- Clean the mechanism with a small brush, and wipe the body of the mill with rubbing alcohol or window cleaner. Unless the instructions specifically allow it, never place your pepper mill in water.
- Adjust the grind to make it coarser by turning the model's appropriate screw or mechanism. To make it finer, it works best when you remove peppercorns from the mechanism.
- Never put salt in a pepper mill, unless the manufacturer's instructions state otherwise. Salt is highly corrosive, and it can easily corrode steel mechanisms.
- Never put moist salts in salt mills, or they will clog.
And never grind pink or green peppercorns without adding black or white peppercorns, to prevent clogging of the mechanism.
Thursday, May 25, 2006
i was given one of the greatest invention ever i'm telling you.
THE SALAD SPINNER
wash your greens, chuck it in, and spin it dry!
no more soggy salads, it's absolutely gorgeous! a simple mechanism really.
Other applications include spinning your socks dry for the just-in-time date, your pet hamster after his/her bath (bonus: watch hammie walk in circles after), just spinning it is fun too.
so, go get one.
note: no hamsters were harm in the production of this post